In a world that is becoming more conscious about inclusivity and discrimination, Select Staging Concepts are the go-to Australian company that manufactures stage access ramps that are fully compliant to Australian Standards.
Stage Access Ramps
Talk to us about getting a disabled access ramp that complies with Australian Standards AS1478.1
As we rightly become more and more inclusive, both new and existing stages require the facility to provide access for wheelchairs, the elderly and other people who may struggle getting up steps.
Select Staging Concepts design and manufacture ramps for not only it’s own portable stages but they can also retro-fit onto an existing fixed stage, or even a competitors stage – be warned, most of the imported portable stage brands do not make ramps that pass Australian Standards.
The core strength of the Select Staging Concepts unique aluminium extrusion ensures all our all-abilities Access Ramps are safe, secure and efficient. Every Access Ramp is specially designed to deliver a tailored solution for each client and comply with the stringent Australian Standards AS 1428.1 requirements for Disabled Access Ramps.
Each ramp includes all the requisite safety features including handrails, landing podiums, ramp starter and joiners.
Our Access Ramps are ideal for schools, government and corporate facilities, arts and museums. They can be easily installed by 2 people and dismantled when required.
Our team is very experienced in working with the client to design access ramps for specific situations, give us a call.
Why Choose Select Staging Concepts
When you get your stage access ramps from us, you’re not only guaranteed to get a high-quality fully compliant product. You’ll also get access to a world-class team with close to two decades’ worth of success in designing and building tailor-made modular staging systems for organisations, businesses, churches and schools across Australia.
Whatever your stage setup is, Select Staging Concepts’ team has got you covered. We’ll design and build the perfect stage access ramps for it from the ground up to ensure a perfect fit. Our goal is to ensure that you’re not only inclusive and fully compliant with Australian standards, but also have access to a product that you can rely on for a long time.
Talk to us today to find out more about our range of high-quality stage access ramps and world-class modular staging solutions.
What are stage access ramps?
Simply put, stage access ramps are inclined surfaces designed to provide a gradual path from the ground to the stage level, making it easier for people with mobility issues to get up on stage. They need to comply with specific Australian standards that dictate things like incline and surface requirements to ensure the safety of those who use them.
In addition to providing accessibility to those who need it, stage access ramps also make transporting equipment onto the stage easier by allowing stagehands to use carts and trolleys to wheel heavy equipment and props up instead of carrying them up flights of stairs.
Why do I need stage access ramps?
There are four main reasons you should consider investing in stage access ramps:
- Regulatory compliance — Australian regulations require certain venues and events to be accessible to everyone. Our stage access ramps not only help you adhere to these important guidelines but also set us apart from the competition. Unlike many imported portable stage brands, our ramps are specifically designed to meet Australian Standards. This ensures you avoid potential legal issues while maintaining a high level of accessibility and quality that aligns with local requirements.
- Increased safety — Stage access ramps also provide a safer alternative to stairs — especially for those with mobility issues — by eliminating the risk of tripping and falling.
- Convenience — In addition to compliance and safety, stage access ramps also simplify the process of transporting equipment onto stages by making the use of carts and trolleys possible.
- Economic benefits — Finally, investing in stage access ramps makes your venue and event more inclusive, allowing you to attract a larger audience and performer base and enjoy increased ticket sales and event attendance.
What do I need to consider when buying stage access ramps?
When buying stage access ramps, you need to consider the following factors:
- Compliance with regulations — Make sure you’re getting stage access ramps that are fully compliant with relevant Australian regulations — just like the ones you can get here at Select Staging Concepts.
- Load capacity — Get a stage access ramp rated for the loads you’re looking to use it for. Ideally, your ramp should accommodate not just individuals but also heavier equipment like musical instruments and stage props. Talk to our team today to find out more.
- Gradient — The goal is to find a stage access ramp that is neither too steep nor too flat to ensure ease of use, especially for people on wheelchairs.
- Texture — The surface of your stage access ramps should provide sufficient grip to prevent slips, especially in wet conditions.
- Portability and storage — If the stage access ramp you’re buying is not going to be a permanent fixture, make sure you get one that is easy to set up, dismantle, store or transport from venue to venue.
- Safety features — Go for options that come with things like handrails, side guards and edge protection for enhanced safety.
- Width — Your stage access ramp should be wide enough to accommodate various mobility and equipment transport devices comfortably.
- Customisation options — To ensure you’re getting the perfect stage access ramp for your venue, go for something that’s fully customisable to varying events or needs — like what you’ll get from us here at Select Staging Concepts.